The way to do this differs from one platform to the other. Here are some of the most common, that we have made a guide for:
Method 1. Add script with the help of a plugin
If you don’t have access to the source code of your website, you can make use of plugins to help you install the chat on your website.
- Download Insert Headers and Footers
- Install and activate the plugin through WordPress by accessing Plugins > Add new > Upload plugin
- After activation, you can access your new plugin via Settings > Insert Headers and Footers. You will see 3 fields: Scripts in Header, Scripts in Body and Scripts in Footer.
- Copy the script you received and paste it in the Scripts in Footer
- Click Save
- Check your website to see if the chat is activated.
Method 2. Add the script manually with coding
If you are more familiar with WordPress and would like to add the script on your website’s source code directly, you will need to create a new function that adds the script wp_footer to the theme’s functions.php file.
- Log in to your Wix account.
- Access Settingsof your website dashboard
- Click on the Custom Codetab under Advanced Settings
- Click on + Add Custom Codethat you can find up on the right.
- Paste your script in the text field.
- Give it a name like "Weply chat" for example.
- Select All pagesunder Add Code to Pages
- Select Body - endas the placement for the script.
- Click on Apply.
How you add the script onto your site depends on the template you are using. There is no universal method to implement the script at the moment. The most important thing to make sure of is that the chat is visible on all pages of the website.
- Navigate to /templates/(your template)/index.php
- Insert the script right before the </body> tag.
If the chat is only visible on your front page, you may have to repeat this process on all visible pages.
To get Weply chat on your Squarespace site you will need to make use of Code Injection. Navigate to your website first.
- In the menu on the left, navigate to Settings > Advanced > Code Injection.
- Insert the script under the text field Footer.
- Click on Save.
Going digital should be smooth sailing. We're your first mate on this ship, and we've got your back.